Wednesday 29 February 2012

Yesterday was the day for organising my uni stuff, and the campus was MANIC! Apparently I'd managed to choose the day that ALL undergraduate and taught postgraduates have to register. I will never make that mistake again. Luckily, the Graduate Centre was dead, so I was feeling pretty smug until I got told that I would have to visit the International Student Office where the queues were that long they had decided to work on a ticket system! I also got told I would have to wait 5-10 working days for my student card, I still don't quite understand why.

My supervisor is really relaxed and chilled. He told me not to rush myself, and just wait until I'm settled and then get started - see you in 6 months then! My office is really cool, I get my own phone, desk and computer, and amazing view of Auckland from the 7th floor (yes that's right I have a WINDOW). 

The highlight of my day however was opening a bank account and receiving a pretty cool money box to hold my travel fund. I never got anything when I opened my account with HSBC!


Tomorrow will be a day of flat hunting and attempting to persuade the university to pay me a wage, and refund the thousands of pounds spent getting here.... or I could just go to the beach and sunbathe.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you arrived safely and that you are being well looked after by David and Lesley. Auckland looks fantastic. I will have to start saving my pennies!

    ReplyDelete